Daily affirmations are an effective tool for anyone, especially kids, to build self-esteem and self-confidence. There have been a lot of studies on the use of affirmations that show that they are very effective when used regularly. This article is full of positive affirmations for kids that are sure to help your kids build confidence and self-worth.
This article may contain affiliate links, this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are phrases or saying you say to yourself repeatedly that help counter negative thoughts. They have been shown to aid in decreasing self-negativity and self-sabotage and help people think more positively.
They are a great help in building self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-worth. They can also help you think more positively and reduce anxiety and depression. A lot of people use affirmations to practice gratitude and positive thinking.
Tips for Using Positive Affirmations with Kids
1. Practice Affirmations Daily
The reason affirmations work is that they are used consistently and repeatedly. Try to encourage your child to practice their affirmations at least once a day, but preferably more. A good routine to get into is to have your child say their affirmations once in the morning and once in the evening.
2. Surround Your Child with Visible Affirmations
Surrounding your child with affirmations is a great way to get some positivity into their subconscious! You can print out an affirmations poster and hang it in their room, or get some printable positive affirmations and put them in their lunchbox, on their mirror, in the bathroom, or anywhere they go daily.
3. Set the Example
There’s no denying that children learn best by example rather than being told what to do. So set an example for them by talking positively and saying affirmations to yourself. They will likely desire to follow in your footsteps. If you’re a mom, try out these positive affirmations for moms so you can show your kids how it’s done.
65+ Perfect Positive Affirmations for Kids
This list has a ton of different positive affirmations for kids, including “I am” statements and other helpful positive saying and phrases to help uplift your child.
- I am valuable.
- I can do hard things.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I am loved.
- My challenges help me grow.
- I believe in myself.
- I am good at solving problems.
- I am a good friend.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- I am grateful.
- I am in control of my own happiness.
- I love learning.
- I am a good helper.
- I can step out of my comfort zone.
- I accept myself as I am.
- I am a good student.
- I do things at my own pace.
- My thoughts don’t control me.
- I am a good example to others.
- I am courageous.
- I am worthy.
- My thoughts and opinions matter.
- I can reach my goals.
- I learn something new every day.
- I can make a difference in the world.
- I choose my attitude.
- I am safe.
- I am kind.
- I can forgive people for their mistakes.
- I can forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I am honest.
- I have a great imagination.
- I make good choices.
- I am a good listener.
- I love myself.
- I have respect for myself and others.
- Everything is okay.
- I don’t give up on my dreams.
- I can always try again.
- Every time I try something, I get better at it.
- I am healthy and happy.
- I have many talents.
- I am blessed.
- My future is bright.
Positive Affirmations for Kids to Say in the Morning
- Today is going to be a good day.
- I am going to do my best today.
- Today is a new day.
- Today I will challenge myself.
- I am going to do something nice today.
- I will be nice to myself and others today.
- Today I am going to work towards my goals.
- I am going to think positively today.
- I am choosing to have a great day today.
- I am excited for the day.
Positive Affirmations for Kids to Say Before Bed
- I had a good day today.
- I am going to sleep well.
- Tomorrow is going to be a good day.
- I am going to do my best tomorrow.
- Today I did my best.
- I will rest my mind and body so I can wake up refreshed.
- I have happy thoughts.
- Tomorrow I will make good choices.
- My bed is a safe place.
- I will feel better in the morning.
Final Thoughts On Positive Affirmations for Kids
Hopefully, this list has given you some kids affirmations that your child can use regularly. These encouraging words are an effective way for children to really grow in their confidence and self-love if they use them regularly. Be sure to practice these affirmations with your child daily and watch them really blossom into a confident kid!
Related Articles from Motivation for Mom:
- Printable Reward Cards for Kids
- Chores for Kids: The Ultimate Guide
- Screen Time for Kids: How to Make It Beneficial
Kayla is the content creator over at motviationformom.com. She is a wife and mother who loves to share all of the tips, tricks, and life lessons that she has learned over the years with all of her readers. Her primary focus is on children’s education, motherhood, and healthy family relationships!