Positive affirmations are the new thing! There is so much research behind the benefits of daily practice, that EVERYONE is trying it and loving it. So, why not come up with an ultimate list of positive affirmations for moms.
This list will include ALL different kinds of moms struggling with all different kinds of things, living all different kinds of lifestyles!
This article may contain affiliate links, this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
60+ Positive Affirmations for Moms In All Different Walks of Life
But First – Some Cool Information About Positive Affirmations!
What are positive affirmations?
This definition from mindtools.com gets it totally right! They say, “Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts.”
When positive affirmations are repeated daily (or sometimes even more often) then you can start to make real and permanent changes in your thoughts and feelings towards yourself.
What are the benefits of positive affirmations?
There are numerous benefits to practicing consistent positive self talk and affirmations. The most amazing part is that you can benefit physically, emotionally and mentally!
To name a few, practicing positive affirmation can lower stress, improve sleep, help you change unhealthy behaviors, encourage you to be more understanding or open minded, help boost confidence, and there are so many more.
Tips for Making Positive Affirmations Work for You
- Focus on a few at a time to start – the ones you really want to work on
- Read them at least once every day (morning and night is even better)
- Say them with an open mind, with a desire to believe what you’re saying is true
- Read them in front of a mirror
- Once you have some memorized, you can say them to yourself throughout the day whenever it feels right or necessary (My favorite one to repeat to myself whenever I am struggling through something is “I can do hard things”)
After reading our list of positive affirmations, be sure to check out Positive Psychology’s article on the science behind daily positive affirmations!
Positive Affirmations for Every Kind of Mom
- My children will remember the memories I make with them more than the messes in the house.
- I was meant to be the mother of my children.
- I will treat myself how I want my children to treat themselves – I will set the example.
- I will accept and love my children unconditionally.
- My family loves me, no one else’s opinion matters.
- If I do nothing today besides hug my kids, then I’ve done enough.
- Not loving every moment of motherhood doesn’t mean I don’t love being a mom.
- It’s better to be present than it is to be perfect.
- I have to take care of myself in order to take good care of others.
- I will not say anything to myself about myself that I would not say to my child.
- Today I am choosing to be full of joy and gratitude.
- I work hard to be the best mom I can be.
Positive Affirmations for Moms Who Struggle With Anxiety and/or Depression
- One bad day doesn’t make me a bad mom, it makes me human.
- Everything is exactly the way it needs to be in order to learn the lessons I need the most.
- I possess the qualities needed to be fully happy.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life. This too shall pass.
- I will not let my worry consume me.
- Worrying about what happened in the past isn’t going to change it.
- Even though I feel overwhelmed, I can do this.
- I will let go of how I expect the day to go, and relax into how it unfolds.
- I can do hard things.
**Don’t forget to check out these 30 Self Care Ideas for Moms to Help You Keep Your Sanity!
Positive Affirmations for Working Moms
- I love my children just as much as a working mom than I would if I stayed home.
- I am providing for my family by going to work.
- I am a crucial part of my family, and they are grateful and appreciative of everything I do for them.
- I am finding meaning and purpose through work.
- It’s good for my mental health to work, and a healthy mom is a happy mom.
- I am making decisions based on the best interest of MY family.
**Check out these 10 Best Working Mom Blogs
Positive Affirmations for Stay-at-Home Moms
- I am more than just a mom.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
- Being a mom is a full time job.
- I love making memories with my kids all day every day.
- I will make time each day to take care of myself.
- I am making decisions based on the best interest of MY family.
Don’t forget to check out our #1 Most Popular Article: The 30 Day Be A Better Mom Challenge
Positive Affirmations for New Moms
- I won’t be sleep deprived forever, this is a short phase of parenting.
- I am grateful for my body and its ability to create life.
- It’s okay to do nothing but relax, motherhood is just as exhausting as it is rewarding.
- Today I will try my hardest to be patient and keep learning.
- I am grateful for the new baby in my life.
- I am learning to love the mom I am becoming
- I am learning patience, understanding, and kindness everyday that I spend with my baby.
- I value my qualities and strengths that help me be a better mother.
- I am successfully learning to parent my new baby.
- My favorite part of my day is staring at my sweet baby and realizing that I created that life.
Check out our 7 Realistic Tips for New Moms!
Positive Affirmations for Single Moms
- All that I need is within me.
- Taking care of myself is a responsibility I will model to my children without guilt.
- My best is good enough.
- I am building an amazing bond with my children.
- I appreciate the life that I have.
- I am choosing to be grateful for how my life has unfolded, because I know that everything happens for a reason.
- I embody strength, love, and independence.
- I am doing a great job as a single mother.
- My children are all that I need to be full of joy and love.
- I am a good mom, even as I work to become a better one.
Positive Affirmation for Christian Moms
- I am grateful for the life that God has given me.
- I trust in God’s plan for me, I trust that He knows what is best for me.
- God has called me to be a motherhood, and through Him I can do all things.
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life at this moment.
- God sees infinite potential in me as a mother, and He knows all.
- I am commanded by God to move forward with strength and courage. -Joshua 1:9
We hope this list of positive affirmations for moms was helpful! Comment below your favorite affirmations!
Which are your favorite? What would you add to the list? Which group of moms should we add to this list? We would love your input in the comment section below!