Choosing a birthing class can be a tough decision! This article will help you decide if you should take a prenatal class, and help you determine if you can benefit from a prenatal class online.
This article may contain affiliate links, you can read more about this on our disclosure page here.
What is a prenatal class?
A prenatal class, also called a childbirth class, is a class in which you learn about all aspects of childbirth. The class is meant to help you prepare both mentally, and physically for the childbirth process.
Most prenatal classes include informational lectures, as well as exercises that will help get ready for labor.
Are birth classes necessary?
Technically, no. They are not a complete necessity.
However; prenatal classes are a GREAT way to help ease the stress of having a baby. Knowledge is power. So much of the fear that comes with childbirth happens because you don’t know what’s going to happen.
If you take the time to learn about what is going to happen during labor and delivery, you will experience less fear.
When should you take a prenatal class?
The average time women take prenatal classes is between the 6th and 7th month. But really, if you’re already in your 9th month, it’s still a great idea to try to squeeze a class in.
Which prenatal class do we recommend? We recommend this Online Prenatal Class!
The creator of this course, Hilary, is a labor and delivery nurse who teaches in person prenatal classes. While in delivery, she would ask mothers if they were able to take a prenatal class, and she said that many of them said no, because they just couldn’t fit it in their schedule.
That’s when she had the idea of creating this online prenatal class so that everyone has the chance to take a childbirth prep class!
There are many benefits to taking a prenatal class online:
- You can do it on your own time, you don’t have to worry about making it in every week for however many weeks, like you would in an in-person class.
- It’s perfect for couples. In a lot of instances, the father works full time, and it can be hard to find a class around both of your schedules.
- You can go back, rewatch, and review it however many times you’d like!
Here’s what the online prenatal course includes:
- why you need a prenatal class
- what you should go to the hospital for/common 3rd-trimester testing
- all about contractions
- how to tell if you’re in labor
- all about labor and delivery
- different routines and info on induction
- all about the pain of birth
- delivery time
- best tips for labor and delivery
- what to expect the first few days after giving birth
- natural pain relief for labor
- newborn care
Be sure to check out this online prenatal course, so you can learn more about the course and its creator. The more knowledgable and prepared you are for birth, the less scary it is! Birth doesn’t have to be traumatic!
Make sure you check out our related articles:
If you found this article helpful, we’d love if you’d help us out by doing any of the following: