Everyone’s family is different. They are all different sizes, different personalities, different traditions, and rules or expectations. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t things that all families agree on. These quotes about family are totally relatable to anybody who spends time with their family.
In this article you will find;
- Thoughtful Quotes About Family
- Quotes About Family And Love
- Funny Quotes About Family
- Quotes About Family Memories
- Quotes About Family Problems
- Metaphors About Family
Thoughtful Quotes About Family
1. Family is the biggest support system in the time of trouble. – Invajy
2. Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
3. Life is beautiful. It’s about giving. It’s about family. – Walt Disney
4. Family should be the place where you can be your most complete self. Where you’re accepted and appreciated, seen and valued, even in moments of disagreement. It should be your soft place to fall, the place where you’re reminded that no matter what happens to you, in the face of your deepest challenges, you are loved. – Oprah Winfrey
5. I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family. – Reba McEntire
6. When we have each other, we have everything.
7. Family is a gift that lasts forever.
8. You go through life wondering what it is all about, but at the end of the day, it’s all about family. – Rod Stewart
9. Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. – Anthony Brandt
10. You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family. – Anita Baker
11. When everything goes to Hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family. – Jim Butcher
12. Ohana means family, and family means nobody is left behind or forgotten. – Lilo & Stitch
13. Family is at the root of everything that I do, and it’s also at the root of everything that I create. – Blake Lively
14. Families are special.
15. It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. – Philip Green
16. Work is work, but family is for life. That’s what really matters.
17. Your little family is the best team you could ever have.
18. Happiness is a day spent with my beautiful family.
19. Live life for those unscripted moments of sheer joy with your family.
20. If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.
21. I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life. – Barbara Bush
22. Time together as a family is a gift. – Joanna Gaines
23. When we have each other, we have everything.
24. It’s not about what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters. -JM Laurence
25. The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home.
26. Having someone to love is family, having somewhere to go is home. Having both is a blessing.
27. Give your family your best; not your leftovers. Love them more than you love your career, money, or hobbies. That other stuff can’t love you back!
28. Family is forever, for always, no matter what.
29. At the end of the day what really matters is that your loved ones are well, you’ve done your best, and that you are thankful for all that you have.
30. Sometimes, when I need a miracle, I look into my son’s eyes and realize I’ve already created one.
Quotes About Family and Love
31. Family: a little bit of crazy, a little bit of loud, and a whole lot of love.
32. Family is the best thing you could ever wish for. They are there for you during the ups and downs and love you no matter what.
33. The love of a family is a life’s greatest blessing. – Eva Burrows
34. I know I am blessed because I am healthy, loved, and have an adorable family.
35. The most important thing in the world is family and love. – John Wooden
36. Family: where life begins and love never ends.
37. Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. – Lisa Weed
38. The love in our family flows strong and deep, leaving us memories to treasure and keep.
39. It didn’t matter how big our house was, it mattered that there was love in it. – Peter Buffett
40. Love your family. Spend time, be kind, and serve one another. Make no rooms for regrets.
41. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. – Eva Burrows
42. That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable. – Deb Caletti
43. And in my family, as we’ve gone through a tough year, we hold onto the fact that we have two beautiful kids that we love and are such a beautiful reflection of who we are and what we value. – John Legend
44. I sustain myself with the love of family. – Maya Angelou
45. Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger.
46. F.A.M.I.L.Y is one of the strongest words anyone can say because the letters of family mean: Father And Mother I Love You!
47. What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. – Mother Teresa
48. In this house we are thankful, we give second chances, we give hugs, we laugh a lot, we do loud really well, we are real, we never give up, and we love.
49. Tomorrow is not promised and today is short.
50. No matter how much I say I love you, I always love you more than that.
51. The best things about memories is making them.
52. I asked God for a life full of love and happiness. He sent me my family.
Funny Quotes About Family
53. Being part of a family means smiling for photos. – Harry Morgan
54. Families are like fudge- mostly sweet, with a few nuts. – Les Dawson
55. Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst. – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
56. A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. – Ogden Nash
57. Some family trees bear an enormous crop of nuts. – Wayne Huizenga
58. Home is wherever my bunch of crazies are.
59. In my family, crazy doesn’t skip a generation.
60. Remember, as far as everyone knows we are a nice, normal family.
61. In time of test, family is best. – Burmese Proverb
62. Family: a social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. – Evan Esar
63. Caller ID was invented for family screening.
64. I could never leave my family. They’d find me.
65. I smile because you’re my family… I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it!
66. Some call it chaos. We call it family.
67. There is no such thing as fun for the whole family. – Jerry Seinfeld
68. Home, nowadays, is a place where part of the family waits till the rest of the family brings the car back. – Earl Wilson
69. Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can’t.
70. Knowing your family so well, you can tell who’s coming down the stairs by the sound of their footsteps.
71. My family is temperamental. Half temper. Half mental.
72. “Well, that escalated quickly” is our family motto.
Quotes About Family Memories
73. The memories we make with our family is everything. – Candace Cameron Bure
74. Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. – Dr. Seuss
75. A family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by the number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create, by the memories you share, by the commitment of time, caring, and love. – Marge Kennedy
76. The most treasured heirlooms are the sweet memories of family.
77. Family: today’s little moments become tomorrow’s precious memories.
78. The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories.
79. Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. – Charles R. Swindoll
80. Every memory we create is a footprint on the path of a life we make together.
81. The best things in life are the people we love… the places we’ve been… and the memories we’ve made along the way.
82. Give your kids adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
83. Time spent with family is worth every second.
Quotes About Family Problems
84. Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication.
85. Someone isn’t listening. – Emma Thompson
86. A family doesn’t have to be perfect; it just needs to be united.
87. It is sad when even your own family doesn’t really know who you are.
88. Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home. – Anthony Liccione
89. Trust me, family problems kill all your happiness.
90. It is now clear to me that the family is a microcosm of the world. To understand the world, we can study the family; issues such as power, intimacy, autonomy, trust, and communication skills are vital parts underlying how we live in the world. To change the world is to change the family. – Virginia Satir
91. Being family is determined more by behavior than blood.
92. Everybody’s family has problems. – Greg Kinnear
93. All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. – Leo Tolstoy
94. We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family. – Coco
Metaphors About Family
95. Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.
96. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. – Lee Iacocca
97. If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles. – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
98. In every conceivable manner, the family is the link to our past, the bridge to our future.
99. The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. – George Santayana
100. The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other. – Mario Puzo
101. Family is like pizza. It’s messy, might give you a stomachache, and you can’t get enough of it.
Related Articles About Family Life
- 50 Greatest Quotes About Gentle Parenting
- The Ultimate Guide to Getting Kids to Do Chores
- 11 Real Ways to Stay Motivated As A Mom
Final Thoughts On These Quotes About Family
We hope you enjoyed these family quotes as much as we did! They are definitely relatable, right? Be sure to save these quotes and share them with friends and family! What was your favorite quote from the list? Comment below!
Kayla is the content creator over at motviationformom.com. She is a wife and mother who loves to share all of the tips, tricks, and life lessons that she has learned over the years with all of her readers. Her primary focus is on children’s education, motherhood, and healthy family relationships!