A lot of postpartum moms find themselves feeling eager to get their body back to feeling and looking normal again. This eagerness is great motivation to work on one’s health and fitness, and willingness to get started with postpartum exercise. However; it’s important to remember that your body needs to heal, and you need to ensure that you are exercising safely. You should always check with your doctor before starting a new diet or exercise regimen.
This article may contain affiliate links, you can read more about this on our disclosure page here.
How soon after giving birth can you exercise?
This is totally dependent on each person’s situation, so you should always check with your doctor. The general guideline is said to be six weeks. This is often when most moms go in for their postpartum checkup with their doctor. This is the perfect time to discuss with your doctor about whether or not it’s safe to proceed with exercise.
However, for uncomplicated vaginal deliveries, it’s said to be okay to start light exercise within a few days, or as soon as you feel ready.
A couple of light exercises you could try are walking, yoga, and pelvic floor exercises.
So what’s the trick to getting fit and losing weight after pregnancy?
Sadly, there’s no trick. Just hard work and dedication. However; there are ways to encourage fast and safe healing to get you started on your postpartum fitness journey. And the PERFECT program to guide you through postpartum health and fitness is the Postpartum Cure!
What is the “Postpartum Cure”?
The Postpartum Cure is a recovery plan that was created by a woman named Katie. Katie is a mom of three, who majored in nutrition and is very well educated in physical fitness. All of her pregnancies and labors were really hard on her, but she was determined to heal and get back to being her fit self.
So after mastering her postpartum recovery plan, she decided she wanted to share it with other moms who really want to get their pre-baby bodies back.
She doesn’t just want to help you lose the baby weight, she wants to help you lose the baby weight AND heal in a healthy, safe way. This plan was designed specifically for postpartum moms!
Why is this program better than others?
Well, here are four reasons that this program is awesome:
- It’s not JUST a meal plan, or JUST a workout routine. It’s a meal plan, a workout routine, AND its main focus is to help you heal after birth, and begin exercising safely. For instance, a lot of women don’t know that when you have diastasis recti, certain abdominal exercises actually make it worse, not better. And the last thing you want to do is stall your efforts, when you’re working so hard on your fitness.
- The creator knows what she’s talking about. She’s gone through three pregnancies that were difficult on her, so she’s had a lot of experience in figuring out what works and what doesn’t when it comes to healing, weight loss, and fitness. Not to mention, she’s SO passionate about it. Just by the way she carries herself in her videos, you can tell that helping others with their health makes her genuinely happy.
- It’s super affordable. I am embarrassed to say that I have purchased multiple workout programs in my life, and paid way too much for them. So I know what’s cheap and what’s not. Also, I gave up on the expensive ones because they were just so dang hard. There was no easing into things. And I’m decently in shape!
- It’s designed to give you results, without having to overexert yourself. This program is designed for women who have recently had a baby, so the program isn’t going to push you to the max, and end up causing delayed healing.
Here’s what it includes:
- Meal plans
- Grocery lists
- Snack ideas (designed to replace your favorite unhealthy foods)
- Supplement suggestions designed for increasing and maintaining milk supply
- Workout plans – postpartum exercise (with video tutorials)
- Plans designed to heal your abs (diastasis recti), your pelvic floor and the rest of your body
- An app that makes it super easy to navigate through all of this
- A Facebook group, to help keep you accountable and to ask questions
- And so much more!
To learn more about the Postpartum Cure – and get started with postpartum exercise and nutrition, click HERE!
For more information on losing weight after having a baby, check out our in-depth list of 14 ways to lose the baby weight!
If you found this article helpful, we’d love if you’d help us out by doing any of the following: