Isn’t it funny how every single mom parents differently? There are no two moms exactly alike. BUT… there is so much we all agree on. And I KNOW that every mom believes these quotes about motherhood being hard to be true.
There’s not a mom in the world who thinks that parenting is easy. Every mom has moments where they just want to curl up in a ball and cry because they have just been stretched to the limit. We all know the feeling. And we all can nod our heads in agreement with these motherhood quotes.
This article may contain affiliate links. This means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
13 Quotes About Motherhood Struggles
1. “It’s possible to be both completely overwhelmed by a season of motherhood AND completely grateful.”
Honestly, I think this is most of motherhood. There’s never a time during our parenting journey that’s not stressful in some way or another. But no matter how hard it gets, we are still so grateful for our children, because they bring us life’s ultimate joy.
2. “Motherhood is messy. And challenging. And crazy. And sleepless. And giving. And still unbelievably beautiful.”
Being a mom is almost impossible to describe to someone who isn’t one. Because it’s basically just a combination of opposite emotions, all at the same time. Even when we’re at our wit’s end, we’re still somehow so full of joy.
3. “If at the end of the day everyone feels loved, you have done enough.”
Moms focus so much on chores, and feeding the kids good meals, and trying to be “perfect”. But honestly, the only thing our kids are going to care about is how much we love them. If you have the option between sitting down and playing a game with them or vacuuming the house, skip the vacuuming this once, they will feel so loved. And that’s what’s going to matter in the long run.
4. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.”
This describes motherhood perfectly. It really is the hardest thing you’ll ever do, and it will bring you the most joy you’ll ever feel. Which makes sense. We wouldn’t know what good is unless we experience bad. So to feel the immense joy of motherhood, we also have to feel the stress and overwhelm that comes with it, too.
5. “There is no way to be a perfect mother, but a million ways to be a good one.”
This is such an amazing quote. A lot of moms strive to be perfect, and in the end that causes them so much more stress, anxiety, and overwhelm. It’s basically insanity because you are trying to achieve something that doesn’t exist. No one is perfect. NO ONE.
–> Be sure to check out our 30 Day Mom Challenge – Happy Moms Make Good Moms!
6. “Some days, she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day, it still gets done.”
I use to say to myself, “I can’t do this” all the time, when I felt overwhelmed in life, especially in motherhood. And then one day, it clicked. I have to do it. There is no option. So I will find a way. And I always do. Moms always find a way. Doing it all can be overwhelming, from caretaking, to cooking, to cleaning. Finding ways to make less work for yourself is key! For example, setting up your house in a way that is easier to clean can help you lessen the burden a little bit!
7. “Being a mama can be tough but always remember, in the eyes of your child no one does it better than you.”
Our children are bonded to us, no matter what. They will always want us to be their mom, even when we’re struggling. On your worst days, they still love us and they still want us. Not their friend’s mom, not the mom from their favorite movie, US.
8. “Motherhood: Desperately seeking a break, but not wanting to miss a single moment.”
Every mom experiences this at some point. Even to this day, while my husband and I are out on a date, I miss my daughter terribly. I always say I need a break, and then when I get it, I just miss her and want to see what she’s doing. The struggle is real.
9. “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had… and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.”
When you become a mom, you develop new strengths, and you also develop new fears. When someone means the world to you, you’re bound to worry about them and their well-being. No matter how old they are.
10. “The very fact that you worry about being a good mom means that you are a good mom.”
Only good moms worry about being good moms. That’s what makes us good, we are always trying to do our best, and that’s all we can do. And that’s all they will remember anyway.
11. “Ever had a job where you had no experience, no training, you weren’t allowed to quit, and people’s lives were at stake? That’s parenting.”
It really is the hardest job! There are no sick days, no days off, we do it 24 hours a day 7 days a week. And their lives depend on us! Not only physically, but mentally and emotionally too. We are raising them, and teaching them, how they are as adults has everything to do with how we treat them when they’re children.
12. “Motherhood wrecks us. It tears us down and strips away pieces of our identity that we thought would be part of us forever. But oh, the way it builds us back up… Stronger. Wiser. More compassionate. It molds our hearts, minds, and bodies. It refines us in a way that only the tiniest of souls have the ability to do. We haven’t lost ourselves, mamas. We’ve just been made new.”
This is such a powerful quote. People who don’t have kids often just think that kids cause us to miss out on things. But really, kids give us the opportunity to experience more than life has to offer. They help us grow into beautiful, compassionate, strong human beings. They are the real teacher.
13. “Whenever you feel discouraged, just remember, you are the center of the universe to tiny humans you made from scratch. You’re kind of a big deal.”
We really are a big deal! We are their whole world, even if it doesn’t seem like it sometimes. They would die without us. We play a vital role in their lives. And they play a vital role in ours, they are our entire world. And we wouldn’t change it for the world.
Motherhood is truly amazing, even on the hard days. We hope you enjoyed these quotes about motherhood being hard.
What other motherhood quotes have you heard that you like? Comment below, we would love to hear from our fellow mothers out there.
Don’t forget to check out these other great motherhood articles:
Kayla is the content creator over at motviationformom.com. She is a wife and mother who loves to share all of the tips, tricks, and life lessons that she has learned over the years with all of her readers. Her primary focus is on children’s education, motherhood, and healthy family relationships!