There’s nothing quite like being a parent. It’s the most stressful thing, and also the most joyful thing you will ever experience. While we should celebrate fathers every day for their role in our family’s lives, we get to especially recognize them on Father’s Day. These Father’s Day quotes will honor and show our appreciation for dads everywhere!
30 Fun & True Father’s Day Quotes to Share With Dad
1. You were there holding my hand on our first date, holding my hand during the birth of our babies, and now you continue to hold my hand through this beautiful thing we call life. I can’t imagine anyone else being there to hold my hand.
2. It takes a man of gentleness and patience, strength and compassion to be the fine example of fatherhood that you’ve been.
3. You’re so many things to so many people. A son, a husband, a father… and today we celebrate you for the incredible person you are! Happy Father’s Day!
4. Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love.
5. A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
6. My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ – Michael Jordan
7. Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Dad. – Anne Geddes
8. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
9. Every son’s first superhero is his father. – Tiger Schroff
10. [My father] has always provided me a safe place to land, a hard place from which to launch. – Chelsea Clinton
11. A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.
12. A true father is one who children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
13. What a privilege it is to watch your husband grow into a father.
14. Dad, it doesn’t matter how many years go by, I’ll always be that same little girl who loves you with all her heart. Happy Father’s Day!
15. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
16. To all the special dads, step-dads, grandads, uncles, brothers, cousins, and friends that step up to show a child what it truly means to be a father, Happy Father’s Day!
17. A father loves completely, gives quietly, teaches gently, and inspires deeply.
18. She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father. – Harper Lee
19. Dads teach us lots of things, but the real lesson is always love.
20. Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough. – Rober Downey Jr.
21. Every father should remember one day, his son will follow his example, not his advice. – Charles Kettering
22. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments. When they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom. – Umberto Eco
23. Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.
24. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. My mother would come out and say, ‘You’re tearing up the grass.’ ‘We’re not raising grass.’ Dad would reply. ‘We’re raising boys.’ – Harmond Killebrew
25. Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end. – George Strait
26. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
27. Father is the most noble title which can be granted to man.
28. Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow. -Reed Markham
29. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. -Billy Graham
30. It takes a special man like you to be a great dad- a man who puts his family first, who guides with strength and listens with love.
**Don’t forget to get these last-minute printable Father’s Day cards! These are quick and easy, with a personal touch from the kids! They are great for Dads, Grandpa’s Uncles, and more!
Christian Father’s Day Quotes
31. What makes a real dad? God took the strength of a mountain, the warmth of a summer sun, the calm of a quiet sea, and the generous soul of nature. Satisfied, He called it… Dad.
32. I focus today on the good that men can do in the highest of masculine roles – husband and father. -Todd Christofferson
33. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.
34. Noble fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the divine. -James E. Faust
35. The righteous man walks in his integrity. His children are blessed after him. – Proverbs 20:7
Sweet Father’s Day Messages to Add to Your Father’s Day Card
- Thanks for your support and loving care. Wishing you a wonderful Father’s Day!
- Every girl dreams about being a princess. I have never dreamed of that because I have always been treated like a princess by you. I love you, Dad! Happy Father’s Day!
- Fun Dad. Wise Dad. Kind Dad. Strong Dad. Fair Dad. Sweet Dad. Best Dad. My Dad.
- Seeing you as a dad brings out a whole new side of you. I love you! Happy Father’s Day!
- Dad, In your eyes, I’ve seen God’s love. In your words, I’ve heard His wisdom. Through your life, I’ve found His grace. Happy Father’s Day!
- Just being in your presence refreshes and renews me, just like a breath of heaven made by God above. Happy Father’s Day!
Related Parenting Articles You Might Enjoy
Final Thoughts On These Father’s Day Quotes
We hope you enjoyed these quotes for dads on Father’s Day! Be sure to share these quotes with all of the dads, step-dads, grandpas, and other father figures in your life. We can never remind the fathers in our lives enough how much we love and appreciate them for everything they do for us!
Kayla is the content creator over at motviationformom.com. She is a wife and mother who loves to share all of the tips, tricks, and life lessons that she has learned over the years with all of her readers. Her primary focus is on children’s education, motherhood, and healthy family relationships!