I’m the kind of person that likes to go all out on gifts, especially baby shower gifts…because babies are just so fun to shop for! Although, shopping for baby items can be stressful, and expensive. So I’ve created this list of 101 Baby Shower Gift Ideas that will fit into anyone’s budget! I’ve included links to the products I suggest.
This article may contain affiliate links, this means that we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. You can read more about this on our disclosure page, here.
Baby Shower Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Mom!
- Diapers- You can NEVER have enough diapers
- Wipes/Travel Wipe Case
- Gift Cards- Food places, Babies R Us, Target, Walmart, etc.
- Medicine Kit– For new moms especially. There’s nothing worse than taking a late night trip to the store because the baby’s sick. This kit has everything you’ll need!
- Diaper Rash Cream- I’ve tried many kinds, so far my favorite is the Aquaphor Ointment, not the cream! The Ointment.
- Small Hangers
- Closet Organizers- I’ve seen some cute dividers, and I’ve seen some pretty nice entire sets for a good price
- Baby Books- My favorite is Oh The Places You’ll Go, By Dr. Suess, Mom & Dad can read it to the baby as they grow up, and give it as a send-off gift for graduation, or a birthday, with a sweet message inside.
- Baby clothes- Baby clothes can be expensive, so when a mom has to buy a lot of them it starts to add up, that’s why baby clothes are such a nice gift to receive
- Sleepers/Gowns– these come in so handy for the first month, they are a must
- Swaddles- The Woombie has a lot of great reviews, although I prefer this style, it’s cheaper too
- Pacifiers- My baby always preferred the NUK brand
- Pacifier Clips- Some people think these aren’t necessary. I, on the other hand, would consider this a definite need! Plus, they come in some pretty cute designs
- Wipe Warmer
- Bath Caddy– I wish I would’ve had this! Makes bathing look so much more comfortable
- Baby Bath
- Bath Toys
- Baby Towels/Wash Cloths
- Baby Shampoo, Body Wash, Lotion
- Bath Thermometer
- Socks- I went through so, so many socks. You can never have enough! It’s a WAY better deal to buy them online
- Mittens- Great for newborns, so they can’t scratch themselves
- Teething Toys- People swear by these Amber Teething Necklaces, they’re a little pricey, but when it comes to a baby screaming in pain, you’ll pay just about anything to make them feel better.
- Educational Toys
- Burp Rags
- Bib with Teething Corner
- Boppy Pillow
- Johnny Jumper
- Small stroller- people often buy the stroller that goes along with their car seat, and later buy the smaller, more portable one
- Stroller storage– This looks awesome! I’m ordering it for myself
- Sassy Seat/Portable High Chair- Out of all that I’ve looked into, this one is by far my favorite. It’s affordable, you can hook it to the table or the countertop, or you can place in it a chair as to turn it into a high chair, and it comes with an attachable tray!
- Bibby Mat- Even with a regular bib, children always get food in their lap, that’s why this Bibby Mat is such a great invention
- Baby Dishes-Bowls, Spoons, Reusable Squeeze Pouches… those applesauce pouches are so expensive! We use the refillable pouches and ave ourselves a lot on those alone! They’re great for yogurt and baby food too.
- Diaper Genie/Refills
- Diaper Bag
- Mommy and Me Outfits
- Gift Certificate for a newborn/family photo shoot
- Baby Accessories-Hairbows, Headbands, Hairbands
- Accessory Organizer
- Closet Organizing Rings
- Age stickers for progress photos- This set is super cute, gender neutral, and includes milestone stickers!
- Portable hand sanitizer for Diaper Bag
- Baby Carrier- Some prefer the Wrap around style, and some prefer the front/backpack style
- Piggy Bank for Baby
- A Lovey/Security Blanket
- Baby Gate
- Baby safety tools- Outlet Covers, Cupboard Locks, Corner Covers, Crib Rail Protector
- Mirror for the Car
- Essential Oil Diffuser/Oils
- Baby First Aid Kit- Usually includes Nail Clippers, Brush, Comb, Thermometer, Nose Sucker, etc. This kit is a killer good deal!
- Thermometer- I suggest getting a separate thermometer than what comes in the kit, a temporal one or one that goes in the ear, they are fast and accurate.
- Baby Monitor- I have one that has a camera, it’s a life saver
- Nightlights- for the Nursery
- Scentsy/Wax Burner- The house will often smell like poop and vomit, this is a must
- Carseat Cover- I like this style, they double as a nursing cover and can be worn as a scarf
- Nontoxic Cleaning Products
- Baby Laundry Basket
- Rocking Chair
- Playmat- My daughter loved this style
- Baby Shusher– Yes, it’s a machine that goes shh shh shh, to put your baby back to sleep
- Cloth Diapers- For the seriously awesome moms that want to try it out
- Baby Blender
- Baby Safe Sunscreen + Bug Spray
Are you wondering whether or not men should go to baby showers? Well there’s lots of different opinions on that, but here is a great article that can help you decide on guys going to a baby shower.
Gifts for Moms Who Love to Travel
- Portable booster seat/high chair
- Pack ‘n’ Play
- Traveling Crib- More portable than a pack n play, I wish I would’ve had one of these
- Water Bottle Attachment– turns any water bottle into a baby bottle
- Back of Seat Organizer for the Car- this one is awesome! It even has a pocket that’s insulated to keep things cold!
Gifts for the Crafty Mom
- Cute Picture Frames
- DIY Growth Chart Kit
- Nursery Decor
- Scrapbook/Baby Book
- Diaper Cake
- Gift Basket- With a mixture of baby items–>maybe themed; bath stuff, nursing stuff, etc
Gifts for the Moms Who Plan to Nurse
- Nursing Covers- I loved this style because it never fell off, but a lot of people prefer the ones that double as a carseat cover
- Nursing Pads
- Nipple Butter- I didn’t realize how much I would need this until I started nursing, I would’ve died without it
- Nursing Tank Tops
- Breast Milk Storage Bags
- Recipe Books- Including good things to eat to help with milk production
Gifts for Moms Who Plan to Formula/Bottle Feed
- Bottles- My baby preferred NUK bottles over any other
- Formula/Sample Packs- Then Mom can decide which one her baby does best on
- Bottle Warmer
Baby Shower Gifts Just for Mom
- Hospital Care Kit- Hair Ties, Night Gown, Chapstick, Lotion, Fuzzy Socks, Treat for Mom & Dad
- Freezer Meals- for after the baby comes when Mom doesn’t feel like cooking
- Massage Gift Certificate- I got this at my baby shower, one of my favorite gifts
- Bottle of Wine
- Alcohol Test Strips- for nursing Moms who also want to drink their bottle of wine
- Personalized jewelry- something about being a mom
- Skin Firming Lotion/Stretch Mark Cream- I used the ItWorks stretch mark cream and it actually worked very well, I am not a distributor, so I don’t have a biased opinion (;
- After Baby Waist Training Wrap– there is a hormone that is released in your body for up to 8 weeks after you have a baby, the waist trainer works with the hormone to pull your hips and pelvis back to their pre-baby place. Shrinkx Hips is a popular brand as well.
- Bath Bombs
- Books- My favorite is the No Cry Sleep Solution, so many moms swear by it
- Water Bottle
I hope you found this list of Baby Shower Gift Ideas helpful!
Be sure to check out these related parenting articles:
The Ultimate List of Baby Registry Items
What to Pack In A Hospital Bag – And What Not To!
Surviving the First Few Weeks With A Newborn
If you found this article helpful, we’d love if you’d help us out by doing any of the following:
Kayla is the content creator over at motviationformom.com. She is a wife and mother who loves to share all of the tips, tricks, and life lessons that she has learned over the years with all of her readers. Her primary focus is on children’s education, motherhood, and healthy family relationships!