101 Baby Shower Gift Ideas–Something for Every Budget
I’m the kind of person that likes to go all out on gifts, especially baby shower gifts…because babies are just so fun to shop for! Although, shopping for baby items can be stressful, and expensive. So I’ve created this list of 101 Baby Shower Gift Ideas that could fall into anyones budget! I’ve included links to the products I suggest.*This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you choose to purchase one of our recommended products through our link, you will be supporting our business at NO extra cost to you! Rest assured, we only recommend products we would/have bought ourselves. You can learn more on our disclosure page.*
Baby Shower Gifts for Every Kind of Mom!
- Diapers- You can NEVER have enough diapers
2. Wipes/Travel Wipe Case
3. Gift Cards- Food places, Babies R Us, Target, Walmart, etc.
4. Medicine Kit– For new moms especially. There’s nothing worse than taking a late night trip to the store because the baby’s sick. This kit has everything you’ll need!
5. Diaper Rash Cream- I’ve tried many kinds, so far my favorite is the Aquaphor Ointment, not the cream! The ointment.
6. Small Hangers
8. Baby Books- My favorite is Oh The Places You’ll Go, By Dr. Suess, Mom & Dad can read it to baby as they grow up, and give it as a send off gift for graduation, or a birthday, with a sweet message inside.
9. Baby clothes- Baby clothes can be expensive, so when a mom has to buy a lot of them it starts to add up, thats why baby clothes are such a nice gift to receive
10. Sleepers/Gowns– these come in so handy for the first month, they are a must
13. Pacifiers- My baby always preferred the NUK brand
14. Pacifier Clips- Some people thinks these aren’t necessary, I on the other hand would consider this a definite need! Plus, they come in some pretty cute designs
15. Wipe Warmer
16. Bath Caddy– I wish I would’ve had this! Makes bathing look so much more comfortable
17. Baby Bath
18. Bath Toys
19. Baby Towels/Wash Cloths
20. Baby Shampoo, Body Wash, Lotion
21. Bath Thermometer
23. Socks- I went through so, so many socks. You can never have enough! It’s a WAY better deal to buy them online
24. Mittens- Great for newborns, so they can’t scratch themselves
25. Teething Toys- People swear by these Amber Teething Necklaces, they’re a little pricey, but when it comes to a baby screaming in pain, you’ll pay just about anything to make them feel better.
26. Educational Toys
27. Burp Rags
30. Boppy Pillow
31. Johnny Jumper
35. Small stroller- people often buy the stroller that goes along with their carseat, and later buy the smaller, more portable one
36. Stroller storage– This looks awesome! I’m ordering it for myself
37. Sassy Seat/Portable High Chair- Out of all that I’ve looked into, this one is by far my favorite. It’s affordable, you can hook it to the table or the countertop, or you can place in it a chair as to turn it into a high chair, and it comes with an attachable tray!
38. Bibby Mat- Even with a regular bib, children always get food in their lap, that’s why this Bibby Mat is such a great invention
39. Baby Dishes-Bowls, Spoons, Reusable Squeeze Pouches… those applesauce pouches are so expensive! We use the refillable pouches and ave ourselves a lot on those alone! They’re great for yogurt and baby food too.
40. Diaper Genie/Refills
41. Diaper Bag
42. Mommy and Me Outfits
43. Gift Certificate for a newborn/family photo shoot
44. Baby Accessories-Hairbows, Headbands, Hair bands
47. Age stickers for progress photos- This set is super cute, gender neutral, and includes milestone stickers!
48. Portable hand sanitizer for Diaper Bag
50. Piggy Bank for Baby
52. Baby Gate
53. Baby safety tools- Outlet Covers, Cupboard Locks, Corner Covers, Crib Rail Protector
54. Mirror for the Car
55. Essential Oil Diffuser/Oils
57. Baby First Aid Kit- Usually includes Nail Clippers, Brush, Comb, Thermometer, Nose Sucker, etc. This kit is a killer good deal!
58. Thermometer- I suggest getting a separate thermometer than what comes in the kit, a temporal one or one that goes in the ear, they are fast and accurate.
59. Baby Monitor- I have one that has a camera, it’s a life saver
60. Nightlights- for the Nursery
61. Scentsy/Wax Burner- The house will often smell like poop and vomit, this is a must
62. Carseat Cover- I like this style, they double as a nursing cover,and can be worn as a scarf
63. Nontoxic Cleaning Products
64. Baby Laundry Basket
65. Rocking Chair
66. Playmat- My daughter loved this style
67. Baby Shusher– Yes, it’s a machine that goes shh shh shh, to put your baby back to sleep
68. Cloth Diapers- For the seriously awesome moms that want to try it out
69. Baby Blender
70. Baby Safe Sunscreen + Bug Spray
Gifts for Moms Who Love to Travel
72. Pack ‘n’ Play
73. Traveling Crib- More portable than a pack n play, I wish I would’ve had one of these
74. Water Bottle Attachment– turns any water bottle into a baby bottle
75. Back of Seat Organizer for the Car- this one is awesome! It even has a pocket that’s insulated to keep things cold!
Gifts for the Crafty Mom
76. Cute Picture Frames
77. DIY Growth Chart Kit
78. Nursery Decor
79. Scrapbook/Baby Book
80. Diaper Cake
81. Gift Basket- With a mixture of baby items–>maybe themed; bath stuff, nursing stuff, etc
Gifts for the Moms Who Plan to Nurse
82. Nursing Covers- I loved this style because it never fell off, but a lot of people prefer the ones that double as a carseat cover
83. Nursing Pads
84. Nipple Butter- I didn’t realize how much I would need this until I started nursing, I would’ve died without it
85. Nursing Tank Tops
86. Breast Milk Storage Bags
87. Recipe Books- Including good things to eat to help with milk production
Gifts for Moms Who Plan to Formula/Bottle Feed
88. Bottles- My baby preferred NUK bottles over any other
89. Formula/Sample Packs- Then Mom can decide which one her baby does best on
90. Bottle Warmer
Gifts Just for Mom
91. Hospital Care Kit- Hair Ties, Night Gown, Chapstick, Lotion, Fuzzy Socks, Treat for Mom&Dad
92. Freezer Meals- for after the baby comes when Mom doesn’t feel like cooking
93. Massage Gift Certificate- I got this at my baby shower, one of my favorite gifts
94. Bottle of Wine
95. Alcohol Test Strips- for nursing Moms who also want to drink their bottle of wine
96. Personalized jewelry- something about being a mom
97. Skin Firming Lotion/Stretch Mark Cream- I used the ItWorks stretch mark cream and it actually worked very well, I am not a distributor, so I don’t have a biased opinion (;
98. After Baby Waist Training Wrap– there is a hormone that is released in your body for up to 8 weeks after you have a baby, the waist trainer works with the hormone to pull your hips and pelvis back to their pre-baby place. Shrinkx Hips is a popular brand as well.
99. Bath Bombs
100. Books- My favorite is the No Cry Sleep Solution, so many moms swear by it
101. Water Bottle
I hope you found this list of Baby Shower Gift Ideas helpful, to save it for future reference, you can share it to your social media, or pin it to your Pinterest account! To see more from Motivation for Mom, click here!
I’d love to know of any other gift ideas you may have, comment below!
***Follow us on Pinterest to see more on Parenting, Marriage, Health & Fitness, and Finance!***